And together we learn

Monday, August 24, 2009

Dang language barrier!

Sometimes I forget just how confusing it must be to be little.

Exact conversation from a car ride last week.

Calvin: Mom, when are we going to die?

Me: long discussion about how no one knows exactly, but Heavenly Father is aware of us and Mommy and Daddy will keep you safe and blah blah blah.

Calvin: But what is it to die?

Me: long discussion of spirit leaving body, heaven, blah blah.

Calvin, later: Mommy, I really want you to die.

Me, slightly shocked: stay here on earth, be your mommy, love you, blah blah.

Calvin, frustrated: But then I WANT TO DIE!

Me: Why??? Life is so wonderful, it's a gift, wonderful family, mission to fulfill, blah blah.

Calvin: Because you SAID we got to dye with the kool-aid and scarves.

Oh. DYE. Gotcha. Yeah, we'll get right on that one, Calvin.

2 comment(s):

Oh. My. Goodness. Literally LOL!!!!

(And I love how you portray your end of the conversation. Touché.)

By Blogger Hannah, at 2:02 PM  

Hee hee! So hilarious. Things you never thought you would hear out of the mouth of your 4 year old! I'm so glad you are blogging again..and that I am finally catching up. I love reading it!! Did you really dye things with kool aid?

By Blogger Emily, at 11:42 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home