And together we learn

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Baby steps to blogging

Deep breaths, just keep taking deep breaths. I can do this. I can blog.

I'm coming out of my internet shell. Oh, it's not that I don't spend enough time on the internet--heaven knows that will never be the problem! I've just been in a bit of a funk as to having things to say. So in a rare, unprecedented move, I'm flooding the internets with my words. Facebook--oh yeah, status updates and even comments on other peoples pages. Message boards that I've lurked on for years? Commenting right and left. And even blogging.

I know, wonders never cease. But it had to happen eventually. I think part of the problem is that I have no idea what to make this old blog space. Food blog? I love to cook and I'm dang good at it, but the web is chock jam packed full of food blogs. Ditto with craft blogs, and I'm not creative enough for that. As a homeschool blog I fail completely, because our days are so completely haphazard. And mommy blogs are just boring.

So tell you what. I'll post smatterings of all of the above, and hopefully some of it will be interesting. At the very least, it will get me motivated to actually take some pictures of my children for posterity's sake. (I want that SLR so much I can taste it. I just know that when I have a beautiful camera, then I'll be a great blogger!!) ((same with a serger. I know the lack of one is the only thing keeping me from true sewing proficiency.))

What do you know? This is kind of fun! Spilling all my random thoughts out is actually kind of therapeutic. I just might have to keep this up!

Labels:

3 comment(s):

Please oh please do keep it up dear sister. I have missed this blog. And I miss you!

By Blogger Newt, at 12:23 AM  

You know what's funny? I don't even know you, but after how many years? I still have you in my Google Reader! So your post popped up this morning. I thought of you once a few weeks ago and wondered about whether you were blogging elsewhere, since your talent seems a shame to waste. :-) Go ahead and post! I'll comment when I can.

SO with you on the desire for an SLR! Some bloggers' pics just make me green with envy, and I'm convinced it's the camera. ;-)

By Blogger Hannah, at 5:45 AM  

You're my hero. I'm loving the stream of consciousness style- it is highly entertaining.

By Blogger Andrea Y., at 8:13 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home